Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Fall Essentials




Do you feel that chill in the air? Is the world around you bursting into color as fall begins? Well, it is for me. When I think of fall, I imagine a few wonderful things that are essential; they are the essentials of fall that must exist for me to get the most out of this pre-winter season.
I'll be honest, i'm a spring girl, but with fall comes a few fun things like books, pumpkin picking, and, my favorite, sweaters!

1) Sweaters!

There is nothing that exclaims fall is coming like a nice warm colored, striped sweater. When I go shopping, I really like the sweaters in the men's section because they seem so much chunkier and they also seem a lot warmer, however, Brooks Brothers also carried super nice sweaters. The quality is first rate, and you know that when you buy something from them it will last a long time.

Do you have a fall clothing essential?


2) Fall 2013 books


I'm a reader and every season requires reading, this season there's a new books coming out that is by Ramsey Beyer. I don't buy a ton of books, in all honesty, I haven't bought a book for myself in years. I get a lot of them for free or I borrow them, but I digress. I'm interested in this book and I hope to purchase it for the coming months. I'm all about self-discovery and finding new things about the world and oneself; This seems like a good book that will touch upon those topics, and it will be nice to curl up with a good book and a hot drink,

Please tell me, what books are you reading this fall and what books should I review?


3) The Noms (food)
This is an actual image from the place I wish to
volunteer at. This image is not my own. 

I love food as much as the next person, and fall is a season for family and food. However, there are a lot of people out there that get neither of those things.  It would mean a lot to me if I could volunteer at a soup kitchen; there's one within walking distance of my school, and I've fixed my schedule so that I can go and volunteer there. When I think of fall, I think of Thanksgiving which causes me to think about food and family, but it would mean a lot to me if I could give somebody else good food and (hopefully) some good company.

Do you volunteer and what do you do? Do you have any cool fall food ideas?


4) Pumpkins!



I hate eating pumpkins. I don't find it appealing and I don't think that they taste good baked, eaten, drunk, cooked or anything. However, I do find the carving and decorating process to be fun! It's messy and creative and it's a great way to pass time with friends.

What do you do to decorate for the fall?




This post is an overview of some of the topics i'll be chatting about on this blog besides the usual reviews and "writer-y" stuff. So this is what you can all look forward to for this month and the next! I hope you enjoyed it! Leave a a comment!


What are your fall essentials?


2 comments: